It’s time to submit applications for the 2nd Annual Arkansas School Board Association’s School Board of Excellence in Leadership Award. This award was created to recognize school boards whose dedication and ethical service have made a positive impact on the students in their district.
A committee comprised of six ASBA board members will name two winners, one from a school district with fewer than 900 students, and one from a school district with more than 900 students. The award criteria is based on the following:
- The board’s support for educational performance
- Support for educational improvement projects
- Commitment to a code of ethics
- Maintenance of harmonious and supportive relationships among members of the board
- Functions as a policy-making body with adherence to adopted policies
- Provision of financial support for the school system
- Participation in workshops and other performance improvement programs
- Public relations efforts, including community awareness
Click here for detailed application instructions and a nomination form. The application deadline is October 31, 2017.
If you have questions regarding the ASBA School Board of Excellence in Leadership Award or the application process, please contact Dr. Anne Butcher, ASBA Board Development Director, at 501-492-4814 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All honorees will be recognized in a special ceremony held Friday morning, December 8, during the 2017 ASBA Annual Conference at the Marriott Hotel Ballroom in Little Rock.
[caption id="attachment_9507" align="alignleft" width="620"] East End School Board, recipient of the 2016 School Board of Excellence in Leadership Award in the under 900 enrollment category, and Gov. Asa Hutchinson.[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_9508" align="alignleft" width="620"] Springdale School Board, recipient of the 2016 School Board of Excellence in Leadership Award in the above 900 enrollment category.[/caption]