Working in a school district central office comes with a unique set of challenges. And now, to add to it, COVID-19 is playing a major role in rewriting school administration. Working remotely can contribute to feelings of isolation and uncertainty.
Central office staff are called to wear multiple hats and work with competing priorities and deadlines. It can be hard to know where to turn when you have questions. What is the timeline for school board elections for your district? What rules about school board training have changed since the last legislative session? Your district received Cares Act/ESSER funds in response to COVID 19-what do you need to know?
ASBA will be offering our Administrative Professionals Workshop virtually on July 14, 2020, to help with answers for these questions and more. Topics for this one day webinar include:
- School board election laws with Lucas Harder, Policy Services Director, ASBA
- School board training rules and regulations with Jennifer Dedman, Attorney Supervisor, Arkansas Department of Education, DESE
- How to enter school board training in APSCN & board training carryover with Tracy Webb, Coordinator of Monitoring, Systems Support & Charter Schools, Arkansas Department of Education, DESE
- Cares ACT/ESSER funding with Robyn Keene, Director of Financial Services, AAEA
- Legal Q&A session with Lucas Harder, Policy Services Director, ASBA
Click HERE to register.
The workshop will be held via Zoom from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30. This is a day-long professional development opportunity for administrative assistants, school secretaries, bookkeepers, and others, whose job duties intersect with the work of their school board, superintendents, and other stakeholders. A detailed agenda will be coming soon.
Registration is $135 per person through July 7, 2020, and $150 after that date. Non-Member registration is $235 per person through July 7, 2020, and $250 after that date. Pre-registration is required to attend this meeting. Workshop links and materials will be sent prior to the meeting.
Requests for cancellation must be in writing to email@example.com. Cancellation requests received through July 7, 2020, will be refunded at 100 percent. Cancellation requests received after July 7th will be refunded at 50 percent. No refunds will be made for cancellations after July 13, 2020.