The Louisiana Environmental Education Commission (LEEC) is now accepting proposals for their 2012-2013 School Sustainability Grants program. These grants are designed to encourage student learning via sustainability initiatives in EPA Region 6 (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas) K-12 schools. Proposals to be considered are those within a specific school campus that will engage students and result in a more sustainable facility. Project funds are provided via a grant from the EPA Office of Environmental Education Sub-Grants Program to the LEEC, which is under the direction of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.ELIGIBILITYSchool administrators or full-time classroom teachers affiliated with accredited public or non-public schools (K-12) in EPA Region 6 (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas) are eligible to apply on behalf of their school.GENERAL INFORMATION
- Grant awards are not to exceed $5000.
- The grant application deadline is October 1, 2012.
- Applications will be accepted via electronic submission only.
- All applications will undergo an anonymous and competitive grant review process.
- Go to Application Guidelines for guidelines and additional information.
- Register in the LEEC Registration System at Registration Form. You will then be assigned a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you will be able to access the proposal form.