Thu21Jun20187:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Hotel Hot Springs, Hot Springs
Workshop for Administrative Professionals
The 2018 ASBA Workshop for Administrative Professionals is a day-long professional development opportunity for administrative assistants, school secretaries, bookkeepers and others whose job duties intersect with the work of their school board. Designed specifically for those who seek to achieve excellence in providing professional services to their superintendents, school boards, and stakeholders, their system-level duties are vast and vital and often have both practical and legal implications for their schools and boards.
This year’s agenda will cover such topics as:
- Changes in school election dates and requirements
- Board meeting issues such as agendas and minutes
- How to handle confrontational and difficult people
- FOI and FERPA: regulations, requests, and timelines
- Board members’ training hours: Who, what, when, & where?
- How do you handle…? (Come prepared to talk about any job-related issues you may be experiencing for which your colleagues and ASBA staff might be able to offer support/advice)
- Click here to view the workshop agenda
WHEN: The ASBA Workshop for Administrative Professionals will be held Thursday, June 21, 2018. Registration and continental breakfast begin at 7:45 a.m. Sessions start at 8:30 a.m. and will end at 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included.
WHERE: The Hotel Hot Springs (Meeting Room 1), 305 Malvern Avenue, Hot Springs
REGISTRATION: Registration is $135 per person through June 7, 2018, and $150 after June 7. Non-Member registration is $235 per person through June 7, 2018 and $250 after June 7. Online registration will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
ROOM RESERVATION PROCEDURE: A block of rooms has been set aside at The Hotel Hot Springs and Spa for those wishing to arrive the evening before the workshop. You may make your room reservations by telephoning the Reservations Department at (877) 623-6697 and identifying yourself as being an attendee of the Arkansas School Boards Association training on June 21. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card or an advance deposit for the first night’s lodging.
QUESTIONS: If you have registration questions, or questions about the training, please contact Dr. Anne Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.